Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Learning from other's Act - 1

In the evening Tea time at 12th Floor, as usual Sreeja, Roshan & I were having chit chat the very immediate day after my college Project presentation on Cloud computing. Roshan was quite curious on Cloud services and asked me to explain. Since it was vast and I was not interested to talk after 2-3 months of research on this. 

Once we were back to our workstations, Roshan came to my desk and asked me whether she could have a look at the PPT. It took only 15-20 min to explain the slides. She was going through the slides very carefully. I took 2-3 months to understand this new service area and put it into the PPTs in a simple way. But just by sitting next to me and showing curiosity she gained a knowledge which I might have gained by 1-2 months  of effort in reading all news articles, blogs etc. But it was just because of her enthusiasm to learn to areas and to approach people without any hesitation. I really liked that approach. 

"Try to interact with people, have coffee talks on your areas of interest, be in touch and gain as much as knowledge you can  from others.It is faster and simpler than learning by your experience."

1 comment:

  1. its just the difference between "Working Hard" and "Working Smart" :P

    ReplyDelete